Events will be happening at several venues in Cape Town. They are – for the most part – within walking distance of each other.
The Fugard Theatre is the hub of the festival and the Open Book team will be there for the duration. You will also be able to buy tickets for events directly from webtickets box office in the Fugard Foyer for the duration of the festival. Events will run in the main Theatre Space, as well as the Fugard Studio.
The much loved indie-bookshop, The Book Lounge will be hosting several events and all books related to the festival will be available for purchase there as well as at the satellite shop in the District 6 Homecoming Centre.
The D6 Homecoming Centre is more than our home for the Comics Fest Marketplace and Book Lounge satellite shop in 2017. We will also be using the following spaces:
- Homecoming Centre Marketplace – this is on the ground floor and home to signings, the Book Lounge Satellite Shop, the Food Jams stand and more
- Homecoming Centre Workshop – this is upstairs from the ground floor
- Homecoming Centre Stadium – this is the green stadium area on the ground floor
- Homecoming Centre Reception – this is on the ground floor towards the reception desk
- Homecoming Centre Gallery – this is upstairs adjacent to the Workshop
A4 Arts Foundation: This is a non-profit organisation dedicated to supporting contemporary arts in South Africa. A4 is based on an understanding of art as a reciprocal resource, a powerful catalyst for innovation, and a medium of collectivity. Focused towards artists, A4 seeks to accommodate and share exploratory creative processes. Find them at 23 Buitenkant Street
Central Library will be hosting a few of events on our programme. Located on the corner of Parade and Darling Streets, the library is an incredible space that all should visit. They have a great selection of books no matter your reading taste.
- Central Library Children’s Library – this is down the stairs from the Ground Floor
- Central Library PAM – this is the area above the Music Section
- Central Library Seminar Room 1 – this is on the Ground Floor right at the back of the library
- Central Library American Corner – this is on the Ground Floor to the left as you enter the library
Molo Mhlaba is hosting 1 event on our programme. See map
34 Camp Street is the venue for selected events over the course of the festival. See map
For those looking for parking, try the lot diagonally opposite the Fugard Theatre.