Events will be happening at several venues in Cape Town. They are – for the most part – within walking distance of each other.
The Fugard Theatre is the hub of the festival and the Open Book team will be there for the duration. You will also be able to buy tickets for events directly from the Fugard. In 2016, we will be using their main Theatre Space, as well as their 2 Annexe venues loacted at 23 Harrington Street (around the corner).
The much loved indie-bookshop, The Book Lounge will be hosting several events and all books related to the festival will be available for purchase there as well as at the satellite shop in the Homecoming Centre.
The D6 Homecoming Centre is more than our home for the Comics Fest Marketplace and Book Lounge satellite shop in 2016. We will also be using the following spaces:
- Homecoming Centre Workshop – this is upstairs from the ground floor
- Homecoming Centre Stadium – this is the green stadium area on the ground floor
- Homecoming Centre Kidzone – this is on the ground floor towards the reception desk
- Homecoming Centre Gallery – this is upstairs adjacent to the Workshop
- Homecoming Centre Boardroom – this is up 2 flights of stairs (so second floor)
Author signings will also take place in this venue.
Central Library will be hosting a few of events on our programme. Located on the corner of Parade and Darling Streets, the library is an incredible space that all should visit. They have a great selection of books no matter your reading taste.
- Central Library Seminar Room 1 – this is all the way through to the back of the library on the ground floor
- Central Library PAM – this is the area above the Music Section
- Central Library American Corner – this is on your left hand side as you enter the library
Ottery Library will be hosting one event on our programme.
For those struggling to find parking, please try the Parade (opposite the City Hall) or the parking area around the corner from the Fugard Theatre.